2018 Berkshire Earth Expo
On April 21st, 2018 we will host our third event, now called the 2018 Berkshire Earth Expo, Environmental Action Fair in collaboration with BEAT – Berkshire Environmental Action Team.
It’s going to be an amazing, educational, moving and energizing event: vendors, exhibits, workshops, speakers, fun games and art-making for kids, poetry readings, art show, music and much more…put in your calendar right away!
Leading up to the EXPO will be these events, all held at the Stationery Factory in Dalton:
– a community workshop ‘My Letter to the Earth” with Jana Laiz from 1.30pm to 3.30pm – Art-Expo opening from 4pm to 7pm
– a community conversation with renowned climate scientist Michael Mann from 7pm to to 8pm
– a writing workshop with Jennifer Browdy from 3pm to 5pm
– movie night and Puerto Rico Fundraiser “Time to Choose” 6.30pm
YOU ARE INVITED!
SATURDAY, April 21, 2018 • 10 AM – 5 PM
CELEBRATE EARTH DAY!
The Stationery Factory • 63 Flansburg Avenue, Dalton, MA
Plans are well underway for our Earth Day event: the third annual expo and fair presented by Living the Change Berkshires and our second in collaboration with BEAT – now with a new name! Visitors had a great time at last year’s fair, and we extend our heartfelt thanks to all the vendors, exhibitors, presenters, artists, and volunteers who participated and worked hard to make this event such a success. As this year’s better and bigger event is taking shape, we are collaborating with many more people to make this THE event for all who love the earth and nature and want to regenerate and protect it.
Attend the Berkshire Earth Expo to make new and important connections, host or attend a workshop, view the art show, take action, offer or shop for quality goods for sale, be a part of inspiring discussions with great speakers, enjoy hands-on activities – or just have a great time cuddling chickens or riding a velo-mobile. Our vision is that this Earth Day event will grow each year!
We are excited to organize the one and only Berkshire Earth Expo as an opportunity to:
- Create a marketplace for green and sustainable goods and services
- Showcase and celebrate volunteerism and activists’ achievements
- Provide a setting for participants to meet and connect with each other
- Involve a large cross section of Berkshire organizations, from arts to educational to political to commercial, etc. in the cause
- Help people feel empowered rather than helpless in the face of climate change
- Educate about energy and climate solutions
- Host meaningful conversations in the county about climate change
- Draw inspiration from the beauty and the wonders of the natural world.
VENDORS : We welcome vendors!
Vendor spaces measure 8’ wide by 12’ deep and cost is $75.00. Please contact Elizabeth Orenstein at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
We welcome organizations to participate in the 2018 Berkshire Earth Expo! It is our hope to bring more people from all walks of life into the climate conversation through building and showing the connections among activism, the arts, and social and racial justice. Our goal is to facilitate a broader dialogue, fostering resilience in our community.
This is your opportunity to offer activities and/or demonstrations, and to provide a space for learning and conversation. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to reserve a space.
We look forward to your participation in the 2018 Berkshire Earth Expo | Environmental Action Fair and to celebrating this multi-faceted and exciting Earth Day event with you!